A day trip to Burger’s Zoo in the Netherlands
The Burger’s Zoo is located in Arnhem; it is a 45-hectare zoo which makes it one of the biggest ones in the Netherlands. For both German and Dutch people, it is quite a popular tourist attraction and it has approximately 1.5 million visitors every year. In this zoom, all the animals are given the freedom to roam and make themselves part of a big ecosystem. The animals are not cramped and put into cages with confinement, it makes it easier for the animals to display their natural behavior and adapt to their environment without much difficulty. The Burger’s Zoo in the Netherlands is one of the best places to visit in the Netherlands. We have mentioned some details about the zoo below for your convenience:
History of the Zoo
On March 31, 1913, Faisanterie Buitenlust, a private animal collection, was opened to the public by its owner John Burgers. Now it is the present Burger’s Zoo located in Arnhem, Netherlands. However, its original location was in the town of Heerneberg in Gelderland near a German town called Emmerich.
After being affected by the wars, the zoo continued to have more renovations and improvements in order to save and restore it. In the year 2008, on the occasion of the 95th anniversary of Burger’s Zoo, Princess Margriet opened the Burger’s Rimba, many kinds of Southeast Asian animals are placed in the outdoor area with a tropical feel and look.
Every year, the Burger’s Zoo is home to over 1 million visitors from all over the world. This zoo has various theme sites that can be enjoyed by both adults and kids tourists. We have mentioned the list of these sites which are present in the zoo:
- Burger’s Safari – It is a safari park
- Burger’s Dierenpark – It is the original Zoo
- Burger’s Bush – it is a 3.7 acres indoor tropical rainforest
- Burger’s Mangrove – It the Mangrove swamp of the zoo
- Burger’s Desert – an indoor desert land which is of 1.9 acres
- Burger’s ocean – it is an 8,000,000 liter seawater aquarium wherein the two tanks are home to sharks, coral reefs with tropical fish, and other invertebrates.
- Burger’s Rimba – home to many dusky monkeys, golden jackals, hog, dear, siamang, binturongs, gibbons, and other animals that can be found.
- Burger’s kids’ Jungle – it is the newest attraction which was opened in 2012. It is an indoor playground with a South American village vibe.
Other than snack shops in the Burger’s Zoo, there are some themed restaurants such as the ones mentioned below:
- Texan-Mexican Restaurant
- The tropical Bush Restaurant
- Dutch Park Restaurant
- Penguin Coffee (it offers pastries and coffee)
- African Safari Restaurant
The Netherlands might not be a country renowned for its wildlife, but it doesn’t mean there isn’t plenty to enjoy! Just like that, you can enjoy the Burger’s Zoo in the Netherlands which is very famous is also counted in one of the most attractive places. Easily apply for a Netherlands visa for your family and once you get it make your children visit the best zoo. It will make your trip the best one with family.